tonight as i was helping milo get his coat off, he started to throw a fit when i wanted to put his glove in his pocket, and he kept shouting, "my ring! my ring!"
the zipper was stuck, so i asked him if he wanted help fixing his zipper and getting the ring out of his pocket. the crocodile tears ceased immediately, "yeah," he replied, cool as a cucumber.
i get the zipper unstuck, and a bulky, grey, plastic "ring" that i'm quite certain was originally a 6-point wrench (had to google that one).
i asked him if it was his ring, again, ever so coolly, "yeah."
"are you going to give it to maggie?" (at daycare today, they informed me that he calls her "my maggie" as in, "where's my maggie?")
"you gonna ask her to be your wife?"
they grow up so fast.
also, on the way home, milo was telling me about playing with maggie, and how she's with her mommy right now, and then he went straight for my heart and said, "everyone needs their mommy!"
wise beyond his years.
Monday, October 21, 2013
so milo's 3 now, and i'm ridiculously behind on keeping track of all his hysterical sayings and doings.
let's see what i can remember:
let's see what i can remember:
- the words are just flying now - there are still some rather indiscernible syllables thrown in, especially when his "s" and "f" still sound like a "d", but the kid is talking a mile a minute, and we love it. especially at 2 in the morning, when he calls out, "mommmmmmm, i need my bay-ket!" (blanket), instead of simply screaming.
- the other day, we were driving to a garage sale, and ben accidentally went up on the curb. i responded a little dramatically, nothing new. later that day, milo and i were going to the store, and i accidentally pulled a curb check as i rounded a turn. as we came off the curb, milo let's out a very pleasant, "oopsies! you gotta be care-toh mom!" i couldn't help but laugh and agree with him.
- his friends at daycare will randomly give me reports on him: "milo had a really good day!" "milo ate all his corn and prunes!" "milo needs to bring his pajamas so he can come for a sleepover to my house, but only girls are allowed!"
- i pointed out some deer in a field on the way home from daycare today, and milo shouted out "hi deer!"
- one of the things we got for milo for his 3rd birthday was a helium-filled, yellow, smiley face balloon. (his favorite color is yellow, and he specifically asked for yellow balloons for his birthday. how could we say no?) i think it may be one of his favorite presents - he carries it everywhere throughout the house, will lay on it, and tries to bring it to bed with him, but we won't let him, 'cause of the string. so he insists on tying it up to the little chair at his desk.
- he calls pumpkins "puttin" and muffin is "mutton"- we made pumpkin muffins from a mix that he got from "gramma kacky"for his birthday, and at every meal we heard "i wanna puttin mutton!"
- he can say his abc's and count to ten all on his own. that's entirely thanks to daycare.
- when he wants to do something that he can tell we might say no to (we're on our way someone, it's dinner time, etc.) he'll say, "i want to play cars/watch a show/go to park for a couple minute, mom."
- the night my parents came into town for milo's birthday weekend, my mom had to run to the store for a few items. she came back with some chinese food for me, since everyone else had eaten at daycare/work/on the road, but i hadn't had a chance to eat yet. milo looked at me eating my dinner, then turned to my mom and said, "gake-oo dor getting my mom doood!" (thank you for getting my mom food.) it's amazing how considerate and thoughtful he is. i love it.
- the other night we were picking up ben from work, and he was running late, so we were waiting in the car. milo decided he was going to call out for him, "daaaaaad!" i responded that daddy was inside the building, and we were outside in the car, and that he couldn't hear us. milo decided to try harder by yelling louder, "DAAAAAAAD! CAN YOU HEAR ME DAAAAAAAAAD?"
- we still sing him to sleep, and we tend to stick to the same playlist of songs. milo now knows them too: "you are my dun-doiiiiine" (sunshine), "may the Wowrd bet you and keeeeep you" (may the Lord bless you and keep you), "twinkle twinkle liddoh staaaahr" and "Jesus loves me" are the ones he'll sing along to. he'll also sing the little ditties he hears on "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" (a cartoon spin-off from Mister Roger's Neighborhood) - "you can take a turn, and then you get it back!"
- he'll still let us cuddle him, and when we drop him off at daycare, he says "i give you biiiigggggg HUG!" and then proceeds to bear-squeeze my neck.
i think we hit the jackpot with this one.