Thursday, September 23, 2010

all my bags are packed, i'm ready to go...

or not.

tomorrow is my (almost) 37 week appointment. i'm supposed to have my bags packed and ready for labor and delivery, because theoretically, i could give birth any day now...

in addition to having them ready, i'm also supposed to bring them with me to every appointment (or at least have them in the car) in case when i get there the midwife says, "hey looky there, you're ready to go! we're sending you straight to the delivery room!" and considering how far away our hospital is from our current, as well as our soon-to-be, residence, i almost feel it would be asking for an early delivery not to have our bags packed and with us.

but i'm just not ready yet. if we were in our own place and everything was settled in, perhaps i'd feel differently, as it's getting increasingly difficult to move around, walk, breathe (although that last one was only when i was bent over to paint my toenails this afternoon).

so anyhow, i should really pack my bag tonight, since our appointment is early tomorrow morning, but i really don't want to. i don't even know where to begin, and i think i'm still in denial a little bit?

i'm almost afraid to admit it, but i haven't even felt any braxton hicks contractions yet - let alone any of the other precursors to delivery. if this baby is coming in the next day or two, he/she certainly hasn't given me any warning signals that are usually eminent right before a birth.

but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it (as my dad always taught me so well).... so i'm off to go pack my stinkin hospital bag... :\

(i just really really really hope we don't actually have to use it tomorrow.)

1 comment: